BUZZARDS BAY, Mass. – Seven different Rams registered a point to power Suffolk women's soccer to a hefty 10-0 victory over Mass. Maritime at Clean Harbors Stadium Monday night.
SCORE: Suffolk 10 | Mass. Maritime 0
RECORDS: Suffolk (2-1-0) | Mass. Maritime (0-3-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The scoring started in the first minute with the first goal coming with 27 seconds removed from the scoreboard as Liv Hurley was the first of five Rams to find the back of the net.
Caleigh O'Brien put away the first of her four in the 17th minute. Before the teams headed to the locker rooms, Addisyn Lanza would score once and Hurley would complete her hat trick to turn it into a 5-0 Suffolk score.
In the second stanza, the blue-and-gold tacked on five more for the final 10-0 margin. O'Brien started the rally in the 49th minute and capped things off with back-to-back goals in the final nine. In between the junior's strikes Julia Hunt and Jackie Kelly got in on the scoring frenzy.
KEEPING UP WITH THE KEEPERS
- Allison Rodrigues saw little action in between the pipes, but stood tall when she did, picking up all four shots she faced for the shutout effort.
- Paige Albertson recorded 14 saves in the setback.
- O'Brien paced the pack of Rams with points with four goals and one assist.
- Hurley had three markers to her credit.
- Hunt had a pair of assists to go along with her one strike.
- Lanza and Kelly each scored once.
- Carley Pearce had two assists to her credit.
- Leto Katsoufis dished out one assist.
- Suffolk held a hefty 35-4 advantage in shots including a 24-4 led in shots on target.
- The Rams took seven corners compared to the Bucs' one.
- Suffolk remains unbeaten all-time versus Mass. Maritime, improving to 6-0 versus the Buccaneers.
- The Rams shutout the Bucs' for the third straight season and fifth time overall.
- Suffolk's 10 goals match the most scored versus the Buccaneers in the all-time series.
- The Rams' 10 strikes mark the most in the Ashley Van Vechten era.
- O'Brien matched a career-high four goals and set a new career high in points with nine (4g, 1a).
- Hurley, who put away her first collegiate goal, registered a hat trick.
- Lanza is on a two-game point streak for the first time in her career. The junior netted her second collegiate goal.
- Hunt tied a career-best two handouts.
- Kelly found the back of the net for the first time in her career.
- Pearce, who is on a two-game point streak, not only dish out her first career assist, but finished with a pair of handouts.
- Katsoufis recorded the first assist of her career.
- Rodrigues shutout and opponent for the second time this season and sixth time in her colleigate career.
Suffolk opens its GNAC gates Saturday, Sept. 14 against Simmons as the Rams stop by James. A. Sartori Stadium at East Boston Memorial Park for a 12 p.m. showdown.