PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Suffolk softball team put together an offensive performance to open the two-game series with Anna Maria as the Rams took down the AMCATS, 16-5, in five innings Saturday afternoon at Scots Miracle-Gro Athletic Complex.
SCORE: Suffolk 16, Anna Maria 5
RECORDS: Suffolk (7-6, 2-1 GNAC) | Anna Maria (0-13, 0-5 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Suffolk started the scoring in the top of the second. With the bags juiced, Grace Boehler drew a walk to break open the scoring. The Rams then took advantage of an AMCATS error and a passed ball to take a three-run cushion, before a fielder's choice let Boehler strut home to turn it into a 4-0 Suffolk game.
Anna Maria erased the shutout in the home half of the third before the Rams put on show in the fourth with eight runs on fourth to take a lop-sided lead, 12-1.
The team's traded five runs in the fifth for the 16-5 final margin.
- Ali Yamakaitisearned her first win of the season behind a one-run, five-hit, two-walk, five-strikeout effort through 4.0 innings.
- Constance Phelancame in from the pen for the Rams. The freshman allowed four runs, two earned) on three hits, one walk, while fanning one hitter.
- Victoria Falco suffered the setback as the AMCATs starter gave up 12 runs on eight hits and six walks in 3.1 frames.
- Kathryn Rendock worked 1.2 innings of relief, allowing four runs on two hits, five walks with a pair of Ks to her credit.
- Ashley Zullawas perfect at the plate with a 2-for-2 effort with a pair of runs scored.
- Kelly Keanehad two hits in three chances with one RBI and three runs scored.
- Boehdler's lone hit of the afternoon was good for two bases as the freshman brought in four runs and scored two herself.
- McKenzie McGrathhad one hit to her credit with one RBI and three runs scored.
- Delaney Sylvestercontributed three RBI off one hit and scored once.
- Payton Sylvestertallied one double for one RBI and scored twice.
- Suffolk remained undefeated all-time versus Anna Maria, moving to 13-0 versus the AMCATs all-time.
- The Rams took down the AMCATS by run-rule for the ninth time and fifth time in five innings.
- Boehler produced a career-high four RBI and two runs with her first collegiate double.
- Keane matched a career-high with two hits and scored a persona-best three runs.
- In her first at-bat of the season and first since the 2016 season, Yamakaitis went 1-for-1 with one RBI and scored one run.
Suffolk wraps up the two-game series with the AMCATS this afternoon.