NEWPORT, R.I. – The Suffolk men's basketball TEAM dropped a 73-64 non-league decision to Salve Regina at the Rodgers Center Sunday afternoon.
SCORE: Suffolk 64, Salve Regina 73
RECORDS: Suffolk (1-4) | Salve Regina (2-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
George Grillakis layup to give Suffolk a six-point lead, 10-4, with 14:33 left in the first frame. Salve Regina turned the tides, however, rattling off a 17-3 run over the next four and a half minutes to take a 21-13 lead it would not relinquish to led by 13 at the half, 39-26.
In the second half, Suffolk had to play catch up, but could not trim the deficit to less than nine as the Seahawks maintained their advantage to secure the 73-64 victory.
- Thomas Duffy paced Suffolk offensively with 23 points on an 8-for-14 day from the floor and a 7-for-10 showing at the line. The sophomore dished out seven assists and had three steals and rebounds, respectively.
- Michael Hagopian joined Duffy with double figures, scoring 12 points on a 4-for-10 effort from the floor and a 4-for-7 performance from three-point range.
- Kevin Querusio, who anchored the Rams rebound with eight, chipped in nine points on the offensive end.
- Suffolk was outrebounded by Salve Regina, 34-23.
- Duffy has scored 20-plus points for the fourth time this season.
- Salve Regina leveled the all-time series with the Rams at 12 wins apiece.
Suffolk is set for the GNAC portion of its schedule to begin Saturday, Dec. 2 when the Rams welcome Saint Joseph's (Maine) to Regan Gymnasium for a 3 p.m. clash.