BABSON PARK, MASS. – No. 20 Babson was too much for Suffolk volleyball as it fell in straight sets to the nationally ranked Beavers in its finale match of the 2019 Babson Invitational at Staake Gymnasium Saturday afternoon.
SCORE: Suffolk 0 | No. 20 Babson
RECORDS: Suffolk (1-2) | No. 20 Babson (3-0)
SET ONE RECAP (25-9, NO. 20 BABSON)
- It was all Babson from the get go as the Beavers turned an early 9-4 advantage into a hefty 15-6 lead at the midway point.
- A Rams timeout stopped the stretch as Kayla Barbera recorded a kill.
- Suffolk could not rally behind Barbera, however, as Babson took over once again and rolled onto the 25-9 win.
SET TWO RECAP (25-12, NO. 20 BABSON)
- Suffolk fell behind 9-3.
- Babon continued to pile on the points and cruised onto a 25-12 second set decision.
SET THREE RECAP (25-13, NO. 20 BABSON)
- Down 9-2, Suffolk took a timeout in an attempt to halt the Beavers.
- The huddle helped the blue-and-gold who went on a 5-0 stretch to pull within two, 9-7.
- Babson answered with a stretch of its own to go ahead 16-10.
- The hosts outscored the blue-and-gold 9-3 the rest of the way to secure the set and match.
- Emerson Martin supplied the offense and defense with six kills and two digs.
- Barbera once again had a stand-out performance with five kills and five digs.
- Hannah Fabiano and Sarah Mullahy each registered two kills.
- Harmony Johnson pitched in 14 assists and six digs.
- Suffolk and Babson renewed a rivalry, meeting for the first time since 2012.
Suffolk ventures to Waterville, Maine for a tri-match at Colby with Salem State.