The Suffolk University Baseball team will announce their All-Decade Team on Monday, June 1.
The previous decade from 2010 through 2019 proved to be another successful and historic stretch as many program markers were set and achieved.
During the 10-year campaign, Suffolk won 247 games with a winning percentage of .574, while posting a 116-30 record in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play.
Suffolk also added four straight GNAC Championships from 2015 through the 2018 seasons and also won an ECAC Division III New England Championship in 2014.
Players earned two All-American selections (Mike Cunningham: 2013, Brady Chant: 2017), 16 NEIBA All-Region awards and a handful of GNAC Conference awards including, three Pitchers of the Year awards, three Rookies of the Year Awards and two Players of the Year. Both Cary McConnell and Anthony Del Prete combined for five Coach of the Year Awards.
In 2014 McConnell finished a 19-year tenure as skipper for Suffolk as the all-time winningest coach (437 wins) in school history before turning to program over to alum Anthony Del Prete as he took over the reigns as Director of Athletics.
On April 21, 2018 Suffolk earned victory number 1,000 with an 11-2 win over Norwich University.
Other notable achievements include:
- Jake Cintolo setting the program records in hits for both a career and season as well as career marks in doubles and games played
- Cal Carroll setting both the career and season records for both appearances and saves
- Brady Chant earning the program’s first ABCA/Rawlings Gold Glove Award and also setting career records for total bases, at-bats and triples
- Cintolo, Chant and Devan Jones became members of the 200-hit club
- Tim Brigham set the all-time record for doubles in a season in 2019
Fans and supporters of the program are invited to vote each position through Sunday, May 31.